Sunday, November 2, 2008

Little Things can make or break you

Handling medical symposium in my area of responsibility was the time that make my work load becomes heavy. Aside from performing your usual duties, you will be handling totally different duties when organizing said event.
Usually, what I did was to study how big the event to be held, cut up the whole event into small pockets of things to be done. I take inventory of the talents that will be involved during the assigned task. Take note of their strengths and weaknesses. Matching these strengths into a given task correctly spells a positive outcome of the event. I usually keep an eye on the little things because these little things might be the cause of a major problem later and can spell between a successful or failed symposium. Little things like cellphone number of the driver who will fetch the speaker, outlet adopter for laptops.
Experience is a very good teacher, and learning from it, made succeeding events felt like a breeze.
So I say, I planned, I matched talents of my team members to task at hand, and watch out for the little things.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...